Save money and improve your driving habits with a host of motoring apps for your smartphone.
With over 100,000 apps available on the App Store alone, it’s safe to say that 2011 has been the year of the app. From online shopping to spirit level tools for DIY, there seems to be apps available for all aspects of our life, including motoring.
Whether you own a smartphone a tablet or both, there are a host of motoring apps available to help you save money and improve your driving technique. Here are the top 5 apps all drivers need to be aware of if they want their money to go that extra mile in 2012.
1. AA Parking: Priced at £1.99, the AA parking app allows you to find relevant car parks, how many spaces are free, how long the car park is open for and how expensive it is – simple!
2. Aviva MyClaims: This free app has been designed to help you out when you have a car accident. From noting down details to recording a voice statement, this step by step guide will take you through the correct processes to follow after a road traffic collision.
3. Ford Econo Check: This free app is a great resource for any driver. From green driving tips to fuel economy, the Ford Econo Check app can help you save money in all areas of motoring.
4. BMW Parking Assistant: This free app has been designed to ensure you never end of up with another parking ticket. Download this app to your phone and you’ll be notified when your parking ticket is about to expire, allowing you to run back to your car before the dreaded parking warden strikes.
5. English Heritage Days Out: Perfect for families, this free app displays details of some of the best days out within the English Heritage – ideal for the whiling away the summer holidays.